ADSM-L

Problem with interface TSM 4.130 and TLMS 5.5 in OS/390 environment

2001-06-07 09:05:40
Subject: Problem with interface TSM 4.130 and TLMS 5.5 in OS/390 environment
From: Paul Van de Vijver <Paul.Van.De.Vijver AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:02:21 +0200
Hi, I wonder if someone can help me with next problem.

I did upgrade Server ADSM 3.1.2.40 to TSM 4.1.30 in our development LPAR and now
I am running
some tests.
We are using TLMS 5.5  as Tape Management System where ADSM/TSM is defined as
EDM (External Data Manager)

My problem :
whenever I create a new volume (cartridge) in TSM this volume remains in
'Scratch' status in TLMS
When I stop TSM - only then - the status in TLMS is changed from 'Scratch YES'
to 'Scratch NO' and
all other fields are filled with the correct values (eg DSN=ADSM.BFS, CJOB=ADSM,
OWNER=ADSM, ...)
The field CTIME gets the timestamp corresponding with the time that TSM was
stopped (and not the real creation time).

As long I do not stop TSM the volume status remains as 'Scratch YES' meaning
that any other (non TSM) job
can overwrite this volume because it is still free in TLMS

What am I doing wrong or am I forgetting something ?

Any help or hint welcome

Thanks,

Van de Vijver Paul
Honda Europe NV