ADSM-L

Ejecting tapes from StorageTek L700 tape Library

2001-06-06 17:27:49
Subject: Ejecting tapes from StorageTek L700 tape Library
From: Chuck Lam <chuck_lam AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:28:43 -0700
I am trying to get StorageTek L700 tape library to
work on a newly configured TSM4.1 running on AIX4.3.3.

In the morning, I backup the tapepool to a copypool
called drmpool.  As the result, I have a few tapes
sitting in the 'drmpool' every morning.  My intention
is to eject those tapes to the 20-slot I/O ports in
one command and send them offsite for DR purpose.
Using the 'move drmedia' command, no matter what
'remove' option I tried, I could only eject one tape
to top most slot, as if TSM does not know about other
19 slots.  Did I miss something in configuring the
Tape Library?
Are there any ways to eject those tape in one command?

TIA