ADSM-L

Betreff: Re: hsm-restore

2001-06-05 07:04:10
Subject: Betreff: Re: hsm-restore
From: Markus Berg <MBERG AT HR-ONLINE DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:03:42 +0200
Hello Richard,
sorry there was a mistake in my privious e-mail:

4. dsmls /daten/000fca21.mp2

      Actual     Resident     Resident  File   File
        Size         Size     Blk (KB)  State  Name
     9040896          511            4  m      000fca21.mp2

--> the stubfilesize has changed to 511 byte and now type from the backuppool
was required.
backuppool was required.

the word now = no

Greetings
markus

>>> rbs AT BU DOT EDU 06/04 3:46  >>>
>Hello Richard,
>
>all files in the filesystem are audiofiles and greater than 4 k. In
>addition all files are in a migrated or premigrated state. It is possible
>that the files those are premigrated requires a tapemount? I tested the
>following on the old filesystem:
>
>1. rm one of the premigrated audiofiles
>2. dsmc restore with option restoremigstate=yes
>
>The result:
>tapemount and restore from a backuptape
>the restored audiofile is in a resident state.
>
>markus

Markus - I can think of two possibilities...

1. The files had been backed up before they migrated.
   In this case, when the Backup occurred, they were ordinary files and were
   backed up that way.  In the absence of a stub file in the backup storage
   pool, the whole file has to be restored.

2. The files are using Unix ACLs.
   Page 52 of the latest HSM manual make the blanket statement that files with
   ACLs are always fully restored.

A much less probable cause might be having  RESToremigstate No  in your client
options file and TSM erroneously observing that instead of the
-RESToremigstate=Yes specification on the command line; but I doubt it.
(However, if one omitted it from the command line, assuming that the Yes
(However, if one omitted it from the command line, assuming that the Yes
default would be in effect...)

    Richard Sims, BU