ADSM-L

ADIC Scalar 1000 AIT2 Library

2001-06-04 22:03:44
Subject: ADIC Scalar 1000 AIT2 Library
From: "Barth, Terry (MBS)" <Terry.Barth AT MORTGAGEFAMILY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:42:29 -0400
        Hello

        We just recently purchased an ADIC scalar 1000 tape library with
firmware 3.0. We are running this on Solaris 8 and an E450 Sun server.
Everything is detected on the Sun side. We can define the library without
any problems.

        However, when we go to define any of the drives, we get:

        ANR8366E DEFINE DRIVE: Invalid value for ELEMENT parameter.

        Example of one of the commands issued:

        DEFINE DRIVE ADIC-AIT2-BG1 drive01 DEVICE=/dev/rmt/13mt ELEMENT=1200
ONLINE=YES

        I have tried number 800 through 811 <which were actually for a prior
firmware release>
        I have tried all numbers 1200 through 1211 <both TSM and ADIC state
that it should be these numbers>

        I have been on the phone with TSM support and have also spoken to
ADIC and so far, no one seems to have an idea.

        Any help, will be appreciated.

        Thanks