ADSM-L

Re: Netware client code

2001-06-04 16:55:35
Subject: Re: Netware client code
From: Michael Oski <moski AT APPLE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:41:14 -0700
As for throughput, I get about 20GB to 25GB per hour across 1Gb switched
LAN (full duplex). This is going from Sun 450/4500/6500's and RS/6000
H70/H80/S7A/S80's to TSM servers on RS/6000 H70's or S80's. Sounds like
400MB per hour is what you're getting - I'd look first at network
interface and switch setup. If you are connecting to a switch and not a
plain hub, you may need to force both the switch port and the NIC into
full duplex mode. If one is full and the other half, you will see 1
collision for every packet sent - so total collisions will be half of
total packets sent/received. If you show no collisions at all, then both
are talking full duplex, if a low number of collisions, both are half
duplex. My largest single backup is a 160GB Oracle database, it takes
about 6 hours to complete.

As for the module leaking memory, why are you unloading it? Are you
running a server-based schedule? If so, then leave the DSMC module
loaded with "load dsmc sched" and it will wait for the next day's
scheduled start time to initiate another backup.

Hope that helps,
MO