ADSM-L

Re: Backupsets

2001-06-04 15:07:27
Subject: Re: Backupsets
From: Scott Crockford <scrckfrd AT CPICORP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:08:18 -0500
Let me clarify a little more.  We are running the 4.1.1 client on a Novell
4.1.1 server.  Our TSM server is on Solaris 7.  We have created the backupset
on a DLT 7000 drive on out TSM server.  We are now trying to restore the
backupset onto the Novell server.  In order to restore the tape we need to
know the device name of the tape drive hooked up to the Novell server.  Our
Novell admin has talked to Tivoli support and Quantum support and neither
group can tell us how to determine the name of the DLT drive.  We don't
currently have support with Novell, so we can't call them.  What we would
like to know is has anybody set up a Novell Server (TSM client) to restore a
backupset, and if so, how to determine the name of the tape device for the
restore.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Crockford
DBA CPI Corp