ADSM-L

Re: Issues with Win2K SYSTEM OBJECT/SYSTEM FILES backup

2001-06-01 16:56:41
Subject: Re: Issues with Win2K SYSTEM OBJECT/SYSTEM FILES backup
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:57:32 -0400
I haven't figured out any way to do that.  Those files are cataloged in a
Win2K "catalog" file in the system32 directory as being "system protected"
files.  And whenever you install a software upgrade (like an upgrade to IE,
for example), the "catalog" gets changed.  And since a software upgrade like
that can also change the registry, I shudder to think what happens if you
copy one person's catalog to another machine with a different registry....

So they are "almost" the same, on "most" nodes.  But my experience is that
you don't dare mix and match software parts on Windows systems.

I'm hoping I'm wrong about that, and somebody can tell me how to make it
work.