ADSM-L

Tape performance tuning help

2001-06-01 10:28:42
Subject: Tape performance tuning help
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:29:38 -0700
I have been asked to perform some performance tuning on some WinNT, Win2k,
Sun, AIX systems.  We just received a 3583 with 2 3580 drives, and I need to
show some performance numbers across those platforms.  This is currently a
sandbox environment.  I am interested in any tips/techniques for tuning the
OS or Tape drive options for enhancing performance.  I am also interested in
any tools that can be used to monitor the system to isolate bottlenecks.
Lastly if there is any good written material that you could point me to I
would appreciate it.
I want to first get some base results using OS commands, then compare that
to the results that TSM gets.

James Thompson