ADSM-L

Re: hsm-restore

2001-06-01 07:53:17
Subject: Re: hsm-restore
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:54:13 -0400
>...The hsm-Manual says that ADSM restores stub files for migrated
>and premigrated files.
>That is what we get:
>Adsm restores ca.50000 (of 87000) files as stubfiles. Then adsm beginns to =
>mount volumes and restores ca. one of ten files from a backup-volume. This
>takes a long time because we stored audiofiles in the file system.

Markus - What is actually being restored?  The -restoremigstate=yes option
         will cause pure stubs (511 bytes) to be created for migrated files.
But if you also have small files in that file system (<4KB), they would not
participate in migration and thus would require physical restoral.  The file
count proportions you report suggest that as probable.  The operation
requires tape mounts and time.

  Richard Sims, BU