ADSM-L

Reboot during NT client upgrade

2001-05-31 11:25:33
Subject: Reboot during NT client upgrade
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:26:16 -0400
My site is about to upgrade its Windows NT client systems to 4.1.2.12.
We are starting with the ones that currently have 3.1.0.6 client code,
and will subsequently upgrade the ones with various service levels of
the 3.7 code. We currently have to plan every upgrade to allow for the
possibility of rebooting the client. One of the Windows NT administrators
has observed that life would be a lot easier if we could predict in
advance whether the client upgrade on a specific system would require
a reboot or not. Is there any way to do this?