ADSM-L

labeling tapes

2001-05-31 09:45:45
Subject: labeling tapes
From: Stan Vernaillen <stvernaillen AT GE.COKECCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:40:12 +0200
All,

sorry if this is a beginner question, but that's what I am at this ...

I have a TSM server (v 3.7.4) on AIX and it has 1 3590 library attached to
it.
I'm labelling some tapes, but as we do not have a barcode reader I'm forced
(apparently ) to enter the labels manually one by one.
however if I issue the command on the webclient i see the options volume
range and volume list.

i tried with
label LIBVOLUME 3590LIB DEVTYPE=3590 CHECKIN=SCRATCH OVERWRITE=NO
VOLRANGE=EC0041,EC0050
but it comes back with 1 or more parameters missing.

If I add search library=yes, I have to choose between prompt and barcode.
Is there no way of doing this with a small 3590 library without a barcode
reader?

Stan