ADSM-L

Re: adsm 3.1 and stgpool reclaim threshold

2001-05-30 23:48:16
Subject: Re: adsm 3.1 and stgpool reclaim threshold
From: Stephen Pole <stephenp AT PRTH.GEOBANK.PGS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:43:53 +0800
Hi Steve,

I have not seen this behaviour unless you have an entry in adminstrative
command schedules like the ones below:-

To check this out do the following:-

Log into the ADSM Web GUI

Select > Object View > Automation > Adminstrative Command Schedules

This will bring up the Automated command schedules that run by themselves

They will more than likely look like this:-

Update storage pool <STGPOOL_NAME> low=30 high=70

This is timed to start at say 19:00 hours every day of the week.

During the day you can raise/lower the high water mark, but at 19:00 hours
the 70% mark will be reset by this schedule.

For example, we like to have our data running to disk during the day, so we
have a high water mark set as above.

Now during the night (when there is less activity) another schedule lowers
the high water mark and low water mark to 0, then another schedule at 06:00
resets this to low=30 and high=70.

It looks like this:-

update storage pool <STGPOOL_NAME> low=0 high=0

This is timed for 19:00 every day of the week.

BTW, we also do this before shutdown of the server, that is, we flush all
our pools to disk before a shutdown.

Hope this helps.... Give us a call as I assume you are in Perth Western
Australia.

Stephen Pole
Operations Manager - PetroBank Asia Pacific
Level 4 IBM Centre
1060 Hay Street
West Perth WA 6005
Phone +61 9 9320 9000
Mobile 040 247 9133

email: stephenp AT prth.geobank.pgs DOT com
web : http://www.petrobankonline.com

What happens is that