ADSM-L

Re: 3590 K-Cartridges on TSM 3.7.x

2001-05-30 20:56:38
Subject: Re: 3590 K-Cartridges on TSM 3.7.x
From: Angela Hughes <hughesa1989 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:57:34 -0700
Jeff,
This is where a good working relationship w/your CE
comes in handy because they share info. about new
releases of microcode and there outcomes.  What I
usually do is keep all microcode up to date and
schedule these upgrades w/my CE as part of the Service
Level Agreement (SLA) if your company has one on the
devices with your company (most companies carry these
service agreements that cover maintenance and
microcode upgrades on the 3494 and tape devices).  If
a new microcode update is out I'd wait 6 to 8 wks.
before updating if your CE hasn't obtained any
feedback about how it effected performance.
Thanks,
Angela