ADSM-L

Re: client and server IP address in different schedule mode

2001-05-30 16:30:18
Subject: Re: client and server IP address in different schedule mode
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:30:56 -0400
Philip,
When you set the client to Prompted mode you have to put in a line
TCPCLIENTADDRESS xx.xx.xx.xx
in the Options file on the client.
If the schedule mode is set to prompted thru' option set then we don't have to
do anything.
If not then add another line
SCHEDMODE  PROMPTED
in the options file on the client.

Let me know what happens.

Rajesh Oak

--
On Wed, 30 May 2001 11:48:02
On Wed, 30 May 2001 11:48:02
 Phillip Guan wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I would like to know whether there is difference between schedule polling
>and prompt mode in terms of server and client IP address.
>
>The scenario is:
>We changed the schedule mode to be prompt but the server cannot contact the
>client; but the client can contact the server. We found the server try to
>contact client with a IP address which is not that client's. But it worked
>before, I guess it was set to polling mode.
>
>If client schedule set to polling mode, will it contact server with one IP
>address (if there are multiple IP addresses on this client) and server
>ALWAYS use it as the client IP address? Will it overwrite the IP which is
>known on server when the client contact server at the first time?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Regards,
>Phillip Guan

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!