ADSM-L

client and server IP address in different schedule mode

2001-05-30 14:47:01
Subject: client and server IP address in different schedule mode
From: Phillip Guan <pguan AT SANSIA DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:48:02 -0700
Hi all,

I would like to know whether there is difference between schedule polling
and prompt mode in terms of server and client IP address.

The scenario is:
We changed the schedule mode to be prompt but the server cannot contact the
client; but the client can contact the server. We found the server try to
contact client with a IP address which is not that client's. But it worked
before, I guess it was set to polling mode.

If client schedule set to polling mode, will it contact server with one IP
address (if there are multiple IP addresses on this client) and server
ALWAYS use it as the client IP address? Will it overwrite the IP which is
known on server when the client contact server at the first time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Phillip Guan