ADSM-L

Re: Changing the Tivoli server hostname

2001-05-30 11:50:22
Subject: Re: Changing the Tivoli server hostname
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:51:16 -0400
This information is incorrect.  The "set servername" does not in any way
affect the machines' TCPIP hostname.  From the help command:

>>-Set SERVername--server_name---------------------------------><

Parameters

server_name (Required)
     Specifies the new server name. The name must be unique across a server
     network for enterprise event logging, enterprise configuration, command
     routing, or virtual volumes. The maximum length of the name is 64
     characters.