ADSM-L

Re: NDS on WIN2000

2001-05-26 06:32:36
Subject: Re: NDS on WIN2000
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:40:11 -0500
Christoph Pilgram wrote:
> we have installed a NDS 8 on a WIN2000 Machine. Does anybody has experience
> in backing up such a system (in a consistant manner).

If you can back up the NDS system objects in Win2K (and there's no
guarantee you can), you should be able to see them by opening the client
GUI, expand the System Objects tree, and see if your desired objects are
in the list. If they are, click on them and run a backup. If they're
not, you won't be able to back them up with TSM. Scheduled backups,
which use the command-line interface, automatically backs up system
objects unless directed otherwise. (You can back up NDS objects within a
Netware box.)