ADSM-L

Re: TSM configuration questions

2001-05-25 06:41:53
Subject: Re: TSM configuration questions
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:42:43 +1200
You just create different sequential access storage pools.

What reason would you want them to handle their own tapes?
(..just in case one of them purges their own tapes?)
The data on those tapes cannot be used in another server.

Have a look at the "Tivoli Storage Manager Concepts" redbook
from http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/

Let the administrators worry about data/access/scheduling/
versioning/expiry etc. You worry about tape handling for all
(even if you do end up creating seperate storage pools per
platform).

Suad