ADSM-L

Re: 3590 K-Cartridges on TSM 3.7.x

2001-05-25 05:43:27
Subject: Re: 3590 K-Cartridges on TSM 3.7.x
From: Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 05:44:12 -0400
We are using 3590J & K carts in our TSM 3.7.3.8 environment.  We have had a
significant amount of K tapes that have gone readonly due to write errors,
though.  K carts do require 3590 drive uprades & new microcode.

Steve Schaub
Haworth, Inc
email: Steve.Schaub AT Haworth DOT com

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large

>>> bob.smith AT EDS DOT COM 05/25 5:14 AM >>>
I'm being told by IBM that I need to go to TSM 4.1.1 to upport these. Is
this correct? Is anyone using 3590 K-cartridges on TSM 3.7.x?

Thanks

Bob Smith