ADSM-L

Audit Volume not Helping

2001-05-24 11:15:01
Subject: Audit Volume not Helping
From: "Ghanekar, Prasanna" <prasanna.ghanekar AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 11:15:34 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I'm running ADSM V3.1.2.40 on Windows NT server with SP5.
Every night when the Migration process begins it gives me errors about two
nodes pointing to the damaged files on the disk volumes such as "Data1.dsm".

Message:
ANR1168W Migration skipping damaged file on volume D:\DATA1.DSM: Node
PEASGAI1_CLIENT,
 Type Backup, File space \\peasgai1\c$, File name \ADSM.SYS\REGISTRY\PEASGA-
I1\MACHINE\ SAM.
When I run Audit on this volume with the Repair ?fix option, it goes through
the process, finds damaged files , marks those files as damaged but doesn't
delete. I get the following message at the end;
ANR2314I Audit volume process ended for volume D:\DATA1.D- SM; 21127 files
inspected, 0 damaged files deleted, 569 damaged files marked as damaged.
 How do I avoid getting the same messages during the migration process ?
Thanks in advance,
Prasanna

Prasanna Ghanekar
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>