ADSM-L

Re: bare metal restore for NT...

2001-05-22 13:41:32
Subject: Re: bare metal restore for NT...
From: "Walker, Thomas" <Thomas.Walker AT EMICAP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:42:04 -0400
Also in the FAQ, I noticed that is does not *yet* support restoring to
dissimiliar hardware. Considering that a true Disaster Recovery will
probably take place in slightly different systems, I find it a little odd
the BMR still doesn't support that yet. The hardest thing to do is restore
NT machines because it's impossible to get an exact copy of the hardware at
the DR site. So restoring the registry is useless. BMR looks promising, but
only for NT. Mksysb's are still very useful and less of a hassle than
setting up a BMR boot server.

-
Tom Walker
Tom Walker
Tech Support Analyst

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender
immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The
unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly
forbidden.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Recorded Music, North America