ADSM-L

LTO Device drivers and NT.

2001-05-22 11:34:33
Subject: LTO Device drivers and NT.
From: Bruce Mitchell <bruce.mitchell AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:31:56 +0000
I have recently set up an ADIC Scalar LTO100 on Windows NT 4 Sp6, which
emulates an IBM3583.

My question is related to tape to tape operations, as all other areas are
performing satisfactorily, according to NIC spec...

We are seeing very poor BACKUP STGPOOL throughput (1mb/sec???)

My config is as follows :-

TSM Server          V4.1.3.0
Compaq NT 3000      NT4 Sp 6
TSM Client/API      V4.1.2.14
Tape drives    show as ULTRIUM TD1   Firmware level OCE1
Device Drivers      IBM Ultrium 1.1.7.6

I have seen prevoius threads arguing merits of  OCE1 v 1550.

Does the '1550'  358x code make any difference????

LONDON
Tel:       +44(0) 207 547 4917
Fax        +44(0) 207 650 7917
Mobile    +44(0) 468 361-885
email:    bruce.mitchell AT db DOT com

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised
forbidden.