ADSM-L

sharing 3584 LTO Tape Library

2001-05-22 10:15:16
Subject: sharing 3584 LTO Tape Library
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SSI-ISES-31" <Ruud.R.vanRuler AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:14:34 +0200
Hi

Could someone explain how access to LTO tape drives is handled by TSM 4.1
(on a AIX server) in a SAN environment ??
Library Sharing is an option but this feature is only available for NT and
SUN servers, isn't it !!!!!!??
How can we prevent TSM clients using drives already in use by other clients
??
And how can we prevent non-TSM clients/applications using drives in use by
TSM clients ??

thanks in advance

Ruud van Ruler,  Shell Services International BV - ISES/31
Our Central Data Storage Management home page:
http://sww2.shell.com/cdsm/
> Room 1B/G01
> Dokter van Zeelandstraat 1, 2285 BD Leidschendam NL
Tel : +31 (0)70 - 3034644, Fax 4011, Mobile +31 (0)6-55127646
Email Internet: ruud.r.vanruler AT is.shell DOT com
                          rvanruler AT hotmail DOT com

                                                            R.vanRuler