ADSM-L

How to restore a volume ?

2001-05-21 15:15:51
Subject: How to restore a volume ?
From: "Ghanekar, Prasanna" <prasanna.ghanekar AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:16:36 -0400
What is the correct procedure of Deleting a volume (such as DLT ) and
restoring it back on a new volume with same number ?
I'm running into a "media fault " problem on one of the DLT's while the
weekend offsite task is running. The library loads this volume and at one
point it detects media fault on that DLT and task stops there and goes in
the loop. I would like to delete this volume and get the data back on a new
DLT.

I'm running ADSM v 3.1.2.40 on Windows NT server SP5.

Thanks in advance,

Prasanna

Prasanna Ghanekar
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>