ADSM-L

Re: Remote administer 3494 library

2001-05-21 13:44:05
Subject: Re: Remote administer 3494 library
From: Jeffrey Renicker <renicker AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 13:44:45 -0400
To remotely administer a 3494 you'll need feature code 5226 (Remote
Console).  You'll also need feature code 5219 (Token Ring adapter) or
5220 (ethernet adapter) in the PC inside the 3494 (you probably already
have one of these as a way for the host to control the Library Manager).

You will also need a PC running OS/2 2.1 or higher running TCP/IP.

Under the covers feature code 5226 is the Distributed Console
Access Facility (DCAF).  It's sort of like PC/Anywhere for OS/2.
I don't think DCAF was ever ported to any Windows platform so you
are probably forced to get OS/2.

Please be aware that our site looked into this years ago and I'm getting
this info from my old notes.  Things may have changed since then.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Renicker

                    Palmadesso Jack
                    <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC DOT SI       To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    EMENS.COM>                     cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist           Subject:     Re: Remote
administer 3494 library
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    05/18/01 01:26 PM
                    Please respond to "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"

I am not sure about rebooting but by using the "mtlib" command you can gain
a wealth of information about the 3494 whether it is hooked up RS232 or
LAN.