ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log

2001-05-21 10:35:42
Subject: Re: Recovery Log
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:36:11 -0500
If roll forward mode is not being used, the cause is probably a long
transaction in the ADSM database.

The exact transaction can be determined with show commands, but it is not
easy at all.  The easiest way is to look at the oldest running sessions and
see which one has been backing up one file or Dbspace for the longest time.
3.2.41 and over Server levels also have an issue when nothing is running the
log sometimes will not clear.

Jeff Bach