ADSM-L

dsmc incremental terminated with error on AIX

2001-05-21 08:06:38
Subject: dsmc incremental terminated with error on AIX
From: "Block, Clemens" <block AT RZAG DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:06:52 +0200
Hello!

I get the follwing output when I start an incremental Backup session
on the machine. The actlog on the server only reports entries for terminated
sessions. Thats's true. After the error the dsmc cut off and create a core.

--->snip
#  dsmc
#  dsmc
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 4, Release 1, Level 2.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2000, All Rights Reserved.

tsm> incremental
Node Name: HELENE
Session established with server DUESENTRIEB: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.16
  Server date/time: 21.05.2001 11:35:42  Last access: 21.05.2001 11:25:11

The assert subroutine failed: poolP->incSize > 0, file mempool.cpp, line 719
IOT/Abort trap
--->snip
Any Idea what is wrong with the System.
Any Idea what is wrong with the System.
Thanks in advance for any responses

Some more Informations for you:

Last week we installed a second oracle 8.1.7 db on the machine (which use
raw devices) and made a databse migration from the running oracle 7.3.4
stanby databse to the new 8.1.7. To enable AIO it was necessary to install
the ML 8 patches on the existing AIX 4.3.3 ML  6.
Backups using the api with oracle RMAN are working well at the moment.
Before the last week changes we made backups without any problem. At
this time the standby 7.3.4  db and the prior installed 8.1.7 db were
already
running.

To prevent comments in conjunction with the Client/Server Versions:
* Yes I know Server Release 3.1.16 is out of service.
* Yes I know Client Version 4.1.2 is unsupported with server version 3.1.xxx
* There is no way at the moment tu update the server.
* We need the new Client Version, because we need a stable RMAN backup
* The combination 4.1.2 Client with 3.1.16 Server is working well on other
  Systems

I'm really looking forward to your hints
Regards
        Clemens

Sorry, one more question. Can anybody tell me where to find patch releases
for the 3.1 Server version? They are no more present on the IBM. servers