ADSM-L

Re: Global Exclude

2001-05-21 02:36:08
Subject: Re: Global Exclude
From: "Chibois, Herve" <Chibois_H AT ADMIRAL DOT FR>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:38:27 +0200
Fred,

CLOPTSETs are SERVER SIDE filters. The guys who install TSM client
on desktop do not need to know if you have filters or not. I don't
understand your pb. I see two solutions

1) you define a huge CLOPTSET for all your platforms (NT,UNIXes, Mac)
and all your nodes are attached to this cloptset. Only mathing rules
for the concerned platform will be applied, but processing time will
be longer...

2) you define a CLOPTSET for each platform (like me). Processing time
will be short.

Moreover if you user the flag FORCE=YES, your server rules will override
those potentially defined by your install-guys / users.

Sen me offline of this list, your INCLEXCL lists ...

rv