ADSM-L

Netware restore from one client to another

2001-05-17 11:34:03
Subject: Netware restore from one client to another
From: Brecton Whitten <bwhitten AT UABMC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:34:55 -0500
TSM'ers,

  If anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it -
I am trying to restore files from one Netware client to
another using command line and -fromnode parameter.
The original client has crashed and I am trying to move its
data to a directory on another Netware client. Using the following
command from the target client

res -fromnode=test1 test1/vol1:* test2/vol1:dir1\dir2\dir3\ -subdir=yes

 The message I am receiving is ANS1092e 'No files matching search
criteria were found'. Unless we rebuild the original client, we cannot
use the set access command to allow the target access and that
was not in place beforehand. If anyone has gotten around this before
or has any ideas, please post them.

                                                      TIA,
                                                      Brec Whitten
                                                      bwhitten AT uabmc DOT edu