ADSM-L

Re: stgpool-problem

2001-05-17 07:59:47
Subject: Re: stgpool-problem
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 06:57:04 -0500
DISK VOLUME ? ? ?
if so...
halt tsm
from the install directory run
        dsmserv auditdb diskstorage fix=yes
it will run through and straighten out the broke stuff... (technical terms
there ;-) )
when it completes, start tsm as usual...
then either you will be able to delete the volume or the auditdb will have
already taken care of it.

hope this helps
later
Dwight

Oh to speed up this operation, delete out any other disk volumes you can and
add them back in after you run your auditdb.
With all my disks in an environment it took about 1 hr 45 min to run (with
fix=no) I didn't like that and once I saw it would catch my problem volumes
I deleted all my good ones, ran it with fix=yes and it ran in about 10 min.
then I started tsm back up and added back in all my disk volumes (had
scripts to delete them and add them back... big time saver)