ADSM-L

Re: 5 GB limit on Recovery Log

2001-05-17 05:25:38
Subject: Re: 5 GB limit on Recovery Log
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 21:26:26 +1200
You only need to run an Incremental backup to reset the recovery log.

Our regime is a full backup + DBSnapshot(sent offsite) on Sunday on hi-density
tapes and incrementals once a day (or twice, if recovery log fills up during
the
day) on low-density ones using a 2 week rotation.

It is manually triggered as we chose to use a manual tape drive for DB backups
and the Operators keep tapes in a safe.
(an e-mail is sent to Operators whenever a ANR0314W appears and they manually
run a incremental).

We had to recover several times without a problem. Worst case would be having
to restore on a Saturday.

Cheers, Suad