ADSM-L

Re: Japanese Filenames

2001-05-16 01:23:09
Subject: Re: Japanese Filenames
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:28:56 +0200
Andy,

Taking all you say into consideration, and fully understanding how hard it
is to do what we are asking (which in my opinion should have been a major
concern before shipping, and not afterwards), I am still unsatisfied.

I am not going to bash one software against another, but with all due
respect, if you do not support multilingual on English based systems, and
some other OS's (such as Netware), then you should state so in letters as
large as a 2 story building on the product casing.

It's rather not fun in the least, to discover that one can't backup
languages on OS's (NT, Novell) after having bought and installed the
product. And this after moving from backup software that did just that and
didn't blink an eye.

I am very glad you have so many resources dedicated to NLS support, but I at
least don't care if you have 1000 people working on the issue, I care that
it is fixed and fixed FAST. And I am extremely glad that you have learnt to
be politicaly correct and state that it's important to you, you'r working on
it, and it may be here soon (no guarantees of course).

Dissapointed,

Mike Glassman
Systems & Security Admin
Israel Airport Authority