ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1 with HP SureStore library

2001-05-14 18:46:30
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1 with HP SureStore library
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 18:35:55 -0400
Tab-

No, I had similar results with a DLT2/20.  It appears to me that the
library automatically ejects the tape after any operation, and TSM
doesn't seem to like that.  I haven't been able to find a setting on the
library to disable this behavior.

I spent some tme with TSM support, who had me upgrade FW on the lib, but
that didn't help either.

As this was a test system, and I ran out of time to play, I abandoned
the effort (at least temporarily).

If I get more info, I'll pass it along...

-Lloyd
Tab Trepagnier wrote:
Tab Trepagnier wrote:

> For the last couple of days I have been trying to get TSM 4.1 to work with
> an HP SureStore 4/40 DLT library without success.
>
> Configuration details:
> TSM 4.1.3.2 running on AIX 4.3.3 with patch set .06.
> RS/6000 F50 with 6207 ultra diff SCSI adapter.
> Library has HVDS adapters.
>
> The Tivoli web site lists the HP 4/40 as a supported device in TSM 4.1.
>
> Working with various levels of Tech Support I was able to successfully
> "tar" the contents of /tmp to a tape cartridge in one of the drives.  That
> verified functionality of the SCSI adapter, the drive, media, and cabling.
>
> What I can't do is define the library in TSM.
>
> With the library reporting "all ok" and "library ready", I perform these
> steps:
> I run "cfgmgr" to establish the "rmt" devices for the four drives.
> Then I use smitty to define the "lb" device for the library.
> The I use smitty to define the "mt" devices for the four drives.
>
> When I submit the DEFINE LIBRARY command I get an I/O error:
> ANR8300E I/O error on library HP440LIB (OP=00006C01, CC=321, KEY=FF,
> ASC=FF, SENSE=**NONE**,  Description=An undetermined error has occurred)
> ANR8418E DEFINE LIBRARY: An I/O error occurred while accessing library
> HP440LIB
>
> Has anyone gotten such an HP library to work with TSM?  Does any of the
> info above mean anything to anyone on the list?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tab Trepagnier
> TSM Administrator
> Laitram Corporation

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:716-389-1260    fax:716-389-1267