ADSM-L

How to make this work ? (One more addition)

2001-05-14 15:12:24
Subject: How to make this work ? (One more addition)
From: "Ghanekar, Prasanna" <prasanna.ghanekar AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:09:44 -0400
We are running following ADSM environment, well not anymore!
The Tape library IBM 3447 broke this morning, It had the changer arm failure
and that piece needs replacement.
We are planning to replace this with "StorageTek L 700 " library asap. I
would like to know How do I get the new library working with the same old
ADSM server. Is it possible ?
If Yes, what are the steps I need to follow to remove old library from the
configuration and make this one working.
And, How to move the data from the old DLT tapes, which were configured for
the old library to the new library.

Current Server configuration:
Windows NT 4.0 server with SP 5
ADSM v 3.1.2.40
Tape library: IBM 3447
Internal 4mm Tape drive and an external DLT drive.

Thanks in advance,

Prasanna

Prasanna Ghanekar
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>