ADSM-L

TSM 4.1.3 licensing anomaly - have you seen this before?

2001-05-14 13:33:05
Subject: TSM 4.1.3 licensing anomaly - have you seen this before?
From: Marita Gonsalves <marita_gonsalves AT CARYACADEMY DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:18:46 -0400
Hello all:
Server NT 4.0
I upgraded to ver 4.1.3 this morning and when I started the server, upgraded
the db, I came across a message that my server license compliance was
invalid.  Based on the readme file that comes with this version, I did a
register license file(*.lic)...got the following error:
ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server.
Called TSM tech support  and they asked me to delete the nodelock file in
the server directory.  Did that and re-installed the license files only from
the 4.1.1 CD.  Ran reg lic file(*.lic) again.  Didn't get the above error
message this time.  Did a q lic got the following:
Last License Audit: 05/14/2001 12:51:42
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 2
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 66
                  Is space management in use ?: 0
                Is space management licensed ?: 66
  Is Tivoli Disaster Recovery Manager in use ?: No
Is Tivoli Disaster Recovery Manager licensed ?: Yes
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 0
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 66
                    Is TDP for Oracle in use ?: 0
                  Is TDP for Oracle licensed ?: 66
             Is TDP for MS SQL Server in use ?: 0
           Is TDP for MS SQL Server licensed ?: 66
               Is TDP for MS Exchange in use ?: 0
             Is TDP for MS Exchange licensed ?: 66
               Is TDP for Lotus Notes in use ?: 0
             Is TDP for Lotus Notes licensed ?: 66
              Is TDP for Lotus Domino in use ?: 0
            Is TDP for Lotus Domino licensed ?: 66
                  Is TDP for Informix in use ?: 0
                Is TDP for Informix licensed ?: 66
                   Is TDP for SAP R/3 in use ?: 0
                 Is TDP for SAP R/3 licensed ?: 66
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 0
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 66
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 0
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 66
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 0
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 66
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 0
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 66
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: No
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: Yes
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 0
                           HEADING UNAVAILABLE: 6
                     Server License Compliance: Valid

Interestingly enough when I ran q lic BEFORE deleting the nodelock file, I
still saw the HEADING UNAVAILABLE: enteries which were all set to 0 or NO.
Everything seems to be working fine - the server is running an inventory
expiration, I was able to do a migration...however, am I running in eval
mode??  Is that why I have all these HEADING UNAVAILABLE: entries.  My call
has been escalated to 2nd level support and I'm waiting to hear back from
them.

Marita Gonsalves