ADSM-L

Test install of TSM tape problems

2001-05-14 09:11:35
Subject: Test install of TSM tape problems
From: Steve Hicks <shicks AT KUB DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:19:47 -0400
I have setup TSM sever 4.1on an AIX 4.3.3 box for a DR test this week. So
far the install works fine....other than one major glitch. The DDS2 SCSI
tape drive in the machine will not mount tapes when called by TSM. The
client reports "Server Media Mount not possible" and the servers output
reads "insufficient mount points available to satisfy requests". What could
be going on here? When I run a q drive, the drive that I've setup
(GENERICTAPE device type) is reads that the drive is online.

Thanks,
Steve