ADSM-L

IBM 3581 on AIX Problem.

2001-05-14 01:42:34
Subject: IBM 3581 on AIX Problem.
From: Jacques Butcher <jacques AT MAXTEC.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 07:41:59 +0200
Please help

We've done an installation of the above-mentioned but are experiencing some
problems.  First of all we are not sure if we should install the device
driver or not.  If we type "cfgmgr" without the device driver being
installed it asks for the driver.  After installing the driver we see the
medium changer and drive (they both are available).  This was not the case
before we loaded the driver. In none of the previous instances we were able
to define either the medium changer nor the drive within "smit, devices,
Tivoli ...".  we get the following error:
Method error (/etc/methods/cfgadsmdd):
0514-051 Device to be configured does not match the physical device at
specified connection location.
cfgadsmdd[valid]: the device is not supported.
cfgadsmdd[valid]: free dds
cfgadsmdd[main]:error inquiry or building dds,rc=51
We are 100% sure we are selecting the correct SCSI device as well as id
(1,0 for medium changer and 3,0 for drive).

We've tried TSM version 4.0 and 4.1.3.  AIX is at level 4.3.3

Any help will be greatly appreciated since we are very desperate.

Thank you kindly.
Jacques.