ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli Storage Manager

2001-05-11 02:51:05
Subject: Re: Tivoli Storage Manager
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 02:51:05 -0400
A 09:43 10/05/01 -0400, Tim Delaney a écrit :
>I am looking for assistance with creating some batchfiles for TSM for NT
>Using the Backup Archive Client.
>I have installed the TSM client on some test servers and would like to run 2
>seperate backup jobs.  One a daily M-F incremental and the other one a
>monthly full backup.  Our IT department is using ESP (I will be installing
>the ESP Agent on the NT Servers)to manage all of the backups.
>Where can I find complete documentation or completed batch files for this.
>We will not be using the TSM Server to run the scheduling.
>Thanks in advance.
>T  Delaney

I've somewhat the same need as you. I managed it by doing DAILY BACKUPs and
MONTHLY ARCHIVEs. on the NT boxes, both were scheduled by the "AT" command.
now we use a distributed job scheduler.

hth
Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE