ADSM-L

Re: AIX Help

2001-05-09 18:17:43
Subject: Re: AIX Help
From: John Marquart <jomarqua AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:18:31 -0500
I have had that issue under certain shells (i believe perhaps ksh) - it
seems to work fine for me under csh though.  perhaps this is what is
affecting you.

though - there was a recent discussion here about a more "proper" way to
do it - which would be to modify your inittab entry

i.e.:

lsitab dsmsched
chitab dsmsched dsmsched:2:respawn:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc \
        schedule > /dev/null 2>&1

give it a few moments to respawn

then another chitab to return respawn to once.

(NOTE - personally - i can't seem to get it to work in this fashion - but
i believe that it is the preferred method.)

-j
On Wed, 9 May 2001, Dearman, Richard wrote:
On Wed, 9 May 2001, Dearman, Richard wrote:

> I am trying to run the "nohup dsmc sched 2> /dev/null &" command on my AIX
> 4.3.3 machine and it works but every time I exit.  It says "There are jobs
> running"  so I exit again and whe I check the dsmc sched process is not
> running.  I thought the nohup command was suppose to let process run even
> after you logout.  What am I doing wrong.
>
> Thanks
> ***************************EMAIL  DISCLAIMER**************************
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
> addressed.   If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
> responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any
> disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
> in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
> in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Health
> Information  Management (312) 996-3941.

John "Jamie" Marquart           |     This message posted 100% MS free.
Digital Library SysAdmin        |  Work: 812-856-5174   Pager: 812-334-6018
Indiana University Libraries    |  ICQ: 1131494         D'net Team:  6265