ADSM-L

Re: reclaim spoy stgpool volumes

2001-05-09 17:02:16
Subject: Re: reclaim spoy stgpool volumes
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:02:49 -0400
Not necessarily...  if there are FILLING tapes in the pool being reclaimed,
they will be used before calling for a scratch.

My concerns have been just the opposite... we've found that it is very
painful if you run out of scratch tapes!

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

> It's normal to have all your tapes about 50% used. If you try to reclaim
> tape that is mostly full, reclamation will probably require a new scratch
> tape, so even though it frees up THIS tape, you still have no net gain in
> scratch tapes.

        I'm not too terribly concerned about freeing scratch tapes as much
as
having a consistent rotation.