ADSM-L

Re: SAN/TSM DB and Logs

2001-05-09 05:15:06
Subject: Re: SAN/TSM DB and Logs
From: "Chibois, Herve" <Chibois_H AT ADMIRAL DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:17:16 +0200
Hi Geoff,

MTI seems to provide good storage stuff but NOT for open SAN !
Vivant products contain both the storage parts AND the SAN parts
(hub, switch)

This is simple to plug to servers, but definitively NO EVOLUTIVE and
NO SCALABLE. When all your connections (16 or 32) are used, you
need to buy another VIVANT and another HBA if you want to add more
disk space to one server.

MTI offers an integrated-backup solution with VIVANT, but it is
(or at least, was few months ago) only available with Legato and
NetBackup and only for a VERY few number of SMALL libraries.

It really depends on what you want to to with your VIVANT ?

Rv