ADSM-L

Newbie Concern on Restore Times

2001-05-08 12:17:52
Subject: Newbie Concern on Restore Times
From: Bernard Ruelas <bern AT CADENCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 09:17:48 -0700
My company is looking at replacing Legato's NetWorker with
Tivoli's TSM, and I've been told by another competitor's
marketing rep that TSM restore time takes forever.
The problem occurs with the backup of a volume of 30GB+
over a week, then trying to restore it many changes later.

We plan to test this case, but does anyone have any horror
stories/previous experience or docs that would refute this?
I'm a little nervous about trusing what the competitor says....

Thanks in advance,

-Bern
                                                                 _
                                                                 _
Bern Ruelas          | <bern AT cadence DOT com>    ()                 |_>
Sr Systems Engineer  |                       /\              ___|__
Wk:  (408) 428-5246  |                       \ \         ___/   |  \__
Pgr: (888) 500-4043  | Are you excited?....  /_ \o) ____/   \______/  \____