ADSM-L

HP Server and Library (L2000, 20/700)

2001-05-08 11:47:26
Subject: HP Server and Library (L2000, 20/700)
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:32:32 -0400
Greetings List!

I've been reading the list for a couple of years now, and finally decided
to join!

We are currently running TSM 3.7 on an IBM F50, with a SCSI-attached ATL
P3000 with (8) DLT7000 drives.  We have overflowed the P3000, and plan to
move it to another building.

We are planning to run TSM 4.1 on an HP L2000 server, with a SCSI-attached
HP 20/700 library with (10) DLT8000 drives.  I am aware of the lack of
fiber support in this environment.  My questions are:

Is anyone running TSM in this environment (in whole or in part)?
Are there any serious issues I need to be concerned about? (regarding TSM
in an HP environment)
Is performance in an HP environment comparable to AIX?
Anyone know when or if fiber (fabric) will be supported in an HP
environment?
What's the best way to handle DLT7000 and DLT8000 together? (we may need to
exchange tapes between the two libraries)

Kindest Regards,
Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs