ADSM-L

TSM Database Question

2001-05-08 11:21:00
Subject: TSM Database Question
From: Jeff Rankin <Jeff_Rankin AT CARGILL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 10:21:43 -0500
I was doing some statistic checking on my TSM 4.1.2 server and came
across a puzzling situation.  Looking at my DB I get the following
output:

          Available Space (MB): 24,576
        Assigned Capacity (MB): 24,576
        Maximum Extension (MB): 0
        Maximum Reduction (MB): 2,880
             Page Size (bytes): 4,096
            Total Usable Pages: 6,291,456
                    Used Pages: 5,545,979
                      Pct Util: 88.2
                 Max. Pct Util: 88.3
              Physical Volumes: 6
             Buffer Pool Pages: 49,152
         Total Buffer Requests: -1,132,081,689
                Cache Hit Pct.: 74.83
               Cache Wait Pct.: 0.00
           Backup in Progress?: Yes
    Type of Backup In Progress: Full
  Incrementals Since Last Full: 0
Changed Since Last Backup (MB): 0.03
            Percentage Changed: 0.00
Last Complete Backup Date/Time: 05/07/2001 11:43:29

I noticed that my Cache Hit Pct. is way lower than what is recommended.
 I have BUFPoolsize set to 196608.  My server contains 2GB of memory
and lsps -a shows 192MB.

The thing I am most concerned about is the negative number on Total
Buffer Requests.  I've been looking through the documentation and the
ADSM-L archive and haven't found any reference as to what a negative
number here represents.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

--
Jeff Rankin
Jeff Rankin