ADSM-L

Re: Mulitthreading

2001-05-08 09:36:03
Subject: Re: Mulitthreading
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 08:33:57 -0500
Hi,

the solution doesn't sound like a TSM solution. One solution is to put half of
each disk storage pool on each array.
You will probably have to drop and recreate each storage pool.

Although, you might be better off, unless you really need all that space, to
drop both RAID 5 arrays and make one large RAID 0 array. RAID 5 is terrible for
writing. Having said that I would take into consideration how many disks, how
many adapters and now much space you need.

Have you checked to see if you are saturating the array? (use iostat on Unix).

Reply with more information if you would like some more help.

Miles

----------------
Miles Purdy
Miles Purdy
System Manager
Farm Income Programs Directorate
Winnipeg, MB, CA
purdym AT fipd.gc DOT ca
ph: (204) 984-1602 fax: (204) 983-7557
----------------
>>> rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU 07-May-01 4:38:15 PM >>>
>>> rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU 07-May-01 4:38:15 PM >>>
I have 2 raid-5 sets with 1 volume of a storage pool sitting on each raid
set.  I am noticing that when I backup that I don't write to both volumes
all the time in parellel.  My network through put isn't limiting me.  Is
there any way to force tsm to write to both volumes in a storage pool at the
same time.  Effectively doubling my through put.

Thanks
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
addressed.   If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Health
Information  Management (312) 996-3941.