ADSM-L

ADSM Archive issues

2001-05-08 07:26:03
Subject: ADSM Archive issues
From: ABDULSALAM ABDULLA <salam AT DUBAL.CO DOT AE>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 15:08:49 +0400
We have two magstar attached to ADSM server.  I want to keep one drive for
daily backup and the other drive
for daily archive.  So we have two sequential storage pool which are
3570BKPOOL and ArchiveTapePool.
3570BKPOOL is the first Magstar 3570C device with has 2 drive and is used
for primary pool.   Magstar 3570C is assigned to  ArchiveTapePool which is
2nd Magstar 3570C, which we need to use it for Daily archive.  I want to
archive certain client's data everyday and move the tapes off-site, then
insert new tapes for the next day.  Is this possible? Can I insert new tapes
in the same slot?  The new tape can have same Label or should have
different?  If possible how are going to label the new tapes, different
names.  Note: daily archive is planned to be kept for 28 days before we can
recycle it again.  If new label should be given, how do we
retrieve it for particular day, is it only by "Descriptions"? What other
suggestion you can give me?
For example I have a Archive Pool which is linked to Sequential Pool of 5
tapes, [Tape1B....Tape5B], say the first day the archive command of several
clients has field all 5 of them, Now we need to move them out and replace
them with 5 other new tapes.

Thanks,
Salam

Project Leader