ADSM-L

performance considerations

2001-05-08 04:50:30
Subject: performance considerations
From: Henrik Ursin <Henrik.Ursin AT UNI-C DOT DK>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 10:51:19 +0200
I need some advice on performance issues regarding tsm 4.1.2.0 running on
a aix 4.3.3 box.

I've been trying to optimize the network throughput, but without real
luck. Then I tried backing up the tsm server through lo0 and I ended up
with the following result

Total number of objects inspected:   49,295
Total number of objects backed up:   49,295
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects expired:          0
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of bytes transferred:     2.45 GB
Data transfer time:                  546.68 sec
Network data transfer rate:        4,706.32 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:      2,041.05 KB/sec
Objects compressed by:                    0%
Elapsed processing time:           00:03:00

which is not a fantastic throughput.

I'm backing up to a diskpool of ssa-disks (no raid) and i have a 30GB
database which has never been defragmented.

Is it a memory tuning issue?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Does anyone know of a new tivoli performance tuning guide? I have a (not
up to date) SP performance tuning guide.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards

Henrik Ursin            Tlf./Phone +45 35878934
                        Fax        +45 35878990
                        Email henrik.ursin AT uni-c DOT dk
                        Mail: UNI-C
                              DTU, bygning 304