ADSM-L

Seven year retention issue

2001-05-07 09:27:52
Subject: Seven year retention issue
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:29:13 -0400
Hello all,
        I have TSM 4.1 on OS390.  My issue is keeping a copy of 'some data'
from an AIX platform for seven years.  My difficulties arise from the fact
that the Policy that this server is on has the Archive group retention set
to 1 day.  This has to be this way because the server also has DB2 which
writes journals to the archive pool, and I have no choice about it.  It
appears to be the way the DB2 api works.  So I am not sure what options I
really have and what would be "best practice'.  I know this data will not be
the only request that I will receive for a long retention isolated request.
Any ideas are truly welcome.
Matt