ADSM-L

Re: Number of scratch tapes?

2001-05-07 00:54:56
Subject: Re: Number of scratch tapes?
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 23:56:11 -0500

"PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" wrote:
> Use pre and post schedule cmd under dsm.sys

I've got a *whole* lot easier way.

dsmadmc -id=<id> -pass=<password> select count(*) as 'Scratch Count'
from libvolumes where status='Scratch' > /tmp/scratchcount
mail -s "Daily scratch count" youraddress AT abc DOT com < /tmp/scratchcount

Now, if your TSM server runs Windows, you'll have to get yourself a
decent scripting language and a command-line mail transport. ;o)