ADSM-L

Re: DISK reclamation?

2001-05-06 23:26:55
Subject: Re: DISK reclamation?
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 22:28:14 -0500
Jack McKinney wrote:
>I have finally
>found that TSM does not need to reclaim DISK space (though I still do
>not know if it fragments files, or reclaims DISK volumes to themselves).

If one thinks about it for a moment, it's obvious that disk volumes
don't need to be reclaimed. Tape volumes go through reclamation so that
they fall back to scratch status for reuse. Disk storage pools are
(usually) the primary storage pool--the primary place where your
clients' data is stored. You sure as hell don't want those volumes going
to scratch status.